Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November Blues, by Sharon Draper Posted by Mrs. Schauer

NOVEMBER BLUES, by Sharon Draper
AR: Yes
Interest Level: Upper Grades

I finally had the chance to read this book, after being told by several people that it was one of the best books they'd ever read. I didn't realize that it's actually a sequel to another book, called THE BATTLE OF JERICO--which, by the way, I want to read...but it's always checked out! (I think Tori A has it now....) November Nelson feels as if her life is over when her boyfriend Josh is killed in a hazing stunt that went wrong. A few months after his death, November realizes she's pregnant with Josh's baby. her plans for college fly out the window--but she decides she wants to keep the baby no matter what, because she knows in her heart it's the right thing to do--and what Josh would want of her. This is a great book...I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    This is Sharon Draper. I've got good news! When you finish The Battle of Jericho and November Blues, there is a third book! It's called Just Another Hero and it will blow you away! Seriously. The whole school gets blown up near the end. Jericho and Olivia are back. So are Kofi and Dana. Arielle is not the hater you think she is. She's got a terrible home life, even though it looks good on the surface. Let me know what you think of it. It will be available in June. You can reach me through my website at sharondraper.com.
    Summer vacation is just around the corner!
    Sincerely,
    Sharon M. Draper
    I also have a blog, but I need to update it. It's http://sharondraper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete