Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BLOOD ON MY HANDS, by Todd Strasser

BLOOD ON MY HANDS
by Todd Strasser
AR: Not Yet
Interest Level: High School and Up

Well, Todd Strasser has done it again! His books are so incredibly popular in our library because they are....juicy! They keep the reader on the edge of their seat for the entire experience of reading them...and this one is no different.

I must be honest and tell you that I haven't finished this book yet. Now that Hailee is driving and taking her sister to school, I am finally able to listen to audiobooks on the way to work again. I started this one yesterday. Even though I haven't finished it yet, I have heard enough to write a blog entry that will make people want to read it! (Don't worry, Emily...I will finish it...especially since you won't tell me what happens!)

From the jacket flap: Callie is at an October keg party in the woods, when she notices that her friend Katherine has gone missing. The kids spread out to look for her and Callie finds her, lying on a path, with a big, bloody fake knife in her. She reaches for the knife and raises it, only to discover, to her horror, that it is real. At that moment, another of the search party stumbles on them, and takes a photo of Callie holding the bloody knife. Now she is the suspect in a grisly murder. How can she prove her innocence - and find the true murderer?

3 comments:

  1. YOU HAD BETTER FINISH IT!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one near me has a copy, and I want to read this before I buy it to make sure it's okay for middle school. I did like his Wish You Were Dead, but it was a bit borderline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's appropriate for middle school. Sorry for just getting to this...I never saw the comment!

    ReplyDelete