Friday, August 22, 2008

To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee posted by Mrs. Schauer

To Kill a Mockingbird
by Harper Lee
AR Quiz: Yes
Vocabulary Quiz: Yes
Literacy Quiz: Yes

Before this summer I had not read this book since high school...and, while I loved the book then, I wanted to read it again as an adult, so I took the library copy home over the summer. I was so busy with work and grad school that I never found time to read, and when I did I would fall asleep....so I didn't get to read the book like I had planned. HOWEVER, I was in Barnes and Noble on my way home from Huntsville and found the audio book....and OH MY GOSH was it wonderful! Narrated by Sissy Spacek (with that Coal Miner's Daughter accent) this book swept me away to a time when life moved slower and people occupied themselves with things other than TV, computers, and constant action...I found myself making excuses to go somewhere in the car so I could get another chapter in. I absolutely love this book....Harper Lee definitely defines "classic."

1 comment:

  1. This is my all-time favorite book! I have read it numerous times and will no doubt read it many more before I die! I recently read a biography of Harper Lee and was pleased to know just how popular the book actually has been since its publication. I thought I was just some sort of freak concerning the book! (I definitely am a freak concerning other issues! Lol) Harper Lee never completed another book for publication, and I can't say i blame her. How could she have ever topped To Kill a Mockingbird?!

    ReplyDelete