Monday, April 27, 2009

ETERNAL, by Cynthia Leitich-Smith posted by Mrs. Johnson


ETERNAL
by Cynthia Leitich-Smith
AR: Not yet
Interest Level: Upper Grades

I loved this author's first book, TANTALIZE, which was about vampires in Austin, Texas.  When I saw ETERNAL in the SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS NEWS, I knew I had to read it.

I love the idea that everyone has a guardian angel. Since one of the major components of our humanness is freewill, our guardian angels agonize over the choices we make, without being able to do anything about them. So is the case with Zachary and Miranda. Miranda has chosen the life of a vampire princess and Zachary tries desperately to save her soul. He loves her more than a guardian angel should. The ending brought a tear to my eye--total selfless love is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment