Monday, April 27, 2009

FEATHERED, by Laura Kasischke Posted by Rebeca S.. Freshman


FEATHERED
by Laura Kasischke
AR: Yes
Interest Level: Upper Grades

At first when I got this book and read the summary inside, I imagined the book would be kinda like that movie, "The Ruins." In a way it sounded the same as what happened in the movie, but as it turned out it was nowhere near like the movie. You see, Michelle, Anne, and Terri were going to Cancun, Mexico for Spring Break. Perfect for meeting cute guys, getting perfect tans, no parents around, and adventure. But going for a car ride with a perfectly total stranger takes them to a different place: A nightmare, where ancient myths take place in miles of jungle. This is a one story that you won't easily forget--I really recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. Stories like this one scare me for all the kids who head south for spring break and other fun in the sun trips. It sounds like a good book, though! I always love reading your blog entries...keep 'em coming! Hmmmm I should just make you and author already, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should!!!! :-) And Mrs. Schauer do you have a book that you could recommend me?

    ReplyDelete