Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ninjas, Piranhas, and Galileo Posted by Mrs. Schauer

NINJAS, PIRANHAS, AND GALILEO by Greg Leitich Smith (2003)
AR Level: 5.2 Points: 5

Interest Level: Middle/Upper Grades
Vocabulary Quiz Available

I picked this book up at TLA last year, along with TANTALIZE, so I was very excited to hear that both authors were going to be at our SHSU YA conference. I read NINJAS on a plane and laughed the whole time--in fact, the person sitting next to me even asked what I was reading and I filled her in on the story. This novel chronicles the experiences of three best friends who attend the Peshtigo School of Chicago, and elite private school. There are two main storylines in this book--the first is the school's annual science fair, and the second is the fact that the friendship trio is threatened with secret crushes and unrequited love.

No comments:

Post a Comment