Thursday, March 27, 2008

Glass, by Ellen Hopkins Posted by Hannah L., Senior

GLASS, by Ellen Hopkins
AR: Yes
Interest Level: Upper Grades

I cannot explain how much I loved Reading this book. Every page, every word, left me wanting more. I have never in my life read this long of a book in less than two days until I read this series. If you haven't read the first of the series, CRANK, it was amazing and this book, GLASS, is the perfect continuation. This book digs deeper into the life-altering addiction to drugs. GLASS doesn't just scratch the surface of what being a slave to Crystal Meth is really like, but tells of a girl and her feelings and emotions throughout her addiction. I couldn't help, but to feel at times that I was a part of the book, I was so into it. All in all, this series is the best series I've ever read and I encouage high school readers and up to read it. I hope you get into it just as much, if not more than I did...if that's at all possible.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way Hannah does about this book. I couldn't put it down either, and read it in one sitting. I knew people in college who were destroyed completely by this drug--and this book is the first one I've ever read that so acurrately and completely describes the way Crystal Meth gets a hold of person's soul and refuses to let go.

    ReplyDelete