Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Who Owns Kelly Paddik, Posted by Mrs. Schauer

WHO OWNS KELLY PADDIK?
by Beth Goobie
AR: Yes
Interest Level: Upper Grade

As this book opens, fifteen year old Kelly Paddick is arriving at the Marymound School for Girls. She's been living in a group home, but she tried to slash her wrists, so now she's going to be locked up--there's wire mesh on the windows so she can't break out and she's under the watchful eye of the home's staff constantly. She's a mess of emotions--her heart is full of things from her past that threaten to consume her--until she finally opens up and starts to talk. Once she talks about her past and what her dad did to her, she starts to heal.

2 comments:

  1. This book is really good and that isn't something I'd normally say or "type". I think this is the second book I read when I moved to Pettus. I honestly suggest that you read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book. It is very good. It takes a lot for me to read and to be interested in a book and this one did. This book got interesting and I couldn’t put it down! If you’re the type who likes to read about girls’ lives that are so messed up, then you should read this book.

    ReplyDelete